Any one who wants to get a passport has so many questions in mind. There are a lot of queries regarding passport like how to apply, where to apply, how much time it will take etc. In this section we are trying to provide as much information as we can provide regarding application of passport.
How to Apply
One can apply for a passport online as well as offline. For online application one can download online passport application form after filling this form completely you can upload the completed form the site here . You also have to submit form for police clearance certificate. You can download the form for police clearance certificate. One can apply for a new or fresh passport through this form.
To apply for a passport offline one can download the application form fill it attach necessary documents & submit is physically at District Passport cell of your district. You can download the passport application form also.
You should keep these points in mind while filing the application form.
- You should paste a colored photograph of applicant with light base color of size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm. There should not be any stamp or sign on the photograph.
- One must clearly mention the attached documents and all the documents should be self attested. The particulars mentioned in the form should match with the particulars in the supporting documents. All the originals should be handy as they will be required for verification.
- All the fields should be properly filled in the new format form. The form should not be soiled or torn.
- The form should be properly signed by the applicant.
While submitting your application for passport you have to pay a fee of R. 1000. This fee can be paid in cash at Passport Seva Kendra. If you are applying in District Passport Cell then you can pay by demand draft only. The demand draft has to be in favor of “PAO-MEA” payable in the city of submission. If you are applying for a Tatkal Passport then the fee would be Rs. 2500.
If you are going to passport office physically you have to go though the following steps to complete your application formalities.
1. When you will show the completed passport application & all required documents at token issuing counter they will issue you a token.
2. When your token number is displayed you have to submit the form along with all documents to the citizen service executive.
3. You have to sign form in front of the executive & pay the required fee.
4. The citizen service executive will now provide you an acknowledgement receipt which you can verify at verification counter.
5. After verification you have to visit Granting counter to get printed version of your passport application status.
After all these steps the next step will be police verification which we will discuss in another post.